I initially wrote this on tumblr, but I think it's funny and just kind of interesting enough to share with you all on FN. ^^
Since there’s too much negativity on tumblr (that I see only through others reblogging it because I’m liberal with my block button, boo-ya), I will be making a light hearted post to give others a chuckle.
Thinks I like about being human, from a therian’s perspective. :3
- Constructed comforts: Structurally sound homes and beds with thick memory foam and huge fluffy down comforters kick the crap out of curling up in the snow with my tail around my face any day.
- Toilets:This is a big one. Have you ever seen a cat poop? They do this awkward squat where they stick their but out, and it just looks so unnatural and uncomfortable. As a human I can just sit my ass down on the porcelain throne and chill while I do my business.
- Variety of Foods: Cats are carnivores exclusively. I think an all meat diet would get boring, taste-wise, after a while. As a human I have a much larger selection. Fruits, vegetables, and the gift-from-heaven, sweets.
- Mass Media: Yeah, it has it’s dark side, like really stupid tv shows that just leave you thinking “who the hell would watch this”, or news stations skewing a story and then blowing it out of proportion, but there are good parts that counter act it too. Online gaming, heck even just regular gaming, the communities and friends I’ve made on the internet, and some funny as hell youtube videos to make me smile when I don’t feel able.
- The Arts: I'm a huge fan of the arts, opera, musical, symphony orchestra concerts, I used to go to them all the time. I’m even a freelance artist myself, I draw, sing, make all kinds of music. Animals just don’t quite have the ability of expression that humans are capable of. Although a troupe of snow leopards preforming Gilbert and Sullivan would be something to behold.