The FurNation chatroom can be accessed by clicking the 'Chat' button on the website's navigation bar.
■ ■ ■ Rules of Conduct - FurNation Chatroom ■ ■ ■
1. Be respectful of others at all times.
The purpose of our chat channels is to provide a platform for the exchange of information. Occasionally, there will be conflicts that arise when people voice opinions. Be courteous when disagreeing with others. It is possible to disagree without being insulting.
2. Be community-minded.
Express yourself in ways that are constructive and will help to foster the growth of the community. A free exchange of ideas is essential to building a strong sense of community and helpful in the development of the site, as well as the fandom. As with all walks of life, you are an ambassador of who you claim to represent. Be a good ambassador and set a good example.
3. Personal attacks are prohibited.
Commonly known as "flaming," personal attacks are statements which are designed to personally berate or insult another. Text of this nature is not beneficial to the community spirit and will not be tolerated. Furs are cautioned to avoid allowing an "in fursona" dispute become a personal attack. The chat is designed for socialization, role playing and/or portraying a role and it is sometimes easy for tempers to flare when the lines between the virtual world and the real world are crossed. Keep inchat disputes out of these channels, please.
4. Trolling is prohibited.
"Trolling" is the phrase used to describe a remark which is deliberately designed for the purpose of angering and insulting the members of the community. Comments of this nature are disruptive and will not be tolerated.
5. No sharing of personal information.
For the safety of our patrons, we discourage the exchange of personal information such as phone numbers and addresses in the channels. We also advise against sharing your email address publicly.
6. Private communication.
Private messages between FurNation personnel and representatives (including administrators
and moderators) and the channel patrons is not to be made public in these
channels, on our forums or elsewhere. Whispers should not be shared in any public form without the verbal (or typed) permission of all the whisper pertains to. Private conversations are personal and belong to those in the conversation.
7. Mutings, kicks, warnings and bans are not to be discussed.
Such matters shall remain private between chat leadership (mods and admins) and the users affected. Questions or comments, such as "why," concerning leadership action can be be conveyed through private messages. We ask that you please be courteous and respectful. A question asked is much more likely to be answered than a question demanded.
8. Immediate banning from a channel may result from any of the following:
• Discussions regarding pornography or inappropriately gruesome and/or hideous subjects;
• Discriminatory remarks which are sexually explicit, harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory,
• Obscene, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive;
• Excessive obscene or vulgar language;
• The discussion of illegal activity;
• Or providing links to sites that contain any of the aforementioned.
• Any registered adult member (white chat names) may not, under any circumstance, engage in adult activities (adult activities are defined above) with a non-registered user (grey chat names).
• Any non registered adult member (grey chat names) may not, under any circumstance, engage in adult activities (adult activities are defined above) with a non-registered user (grey chat names) or with Any registered adult member (white chat names). Such actions will be considered as predatory in nature, and are even illegal in some states, meaning we must consider them illegal here.
9. Spamming is prohibited.
Repetitive display of the same text again and again in an effort to aggravate other channel patrons. Using all caps, in excess is also considered spamming and we ask that you use in moderation. Please also keep in mind, that filling the the chat with your own messages (as in 5 or more lines) may also be considered spamming.
10. Sensitive Topic (ST) discussions.
We request that certain topics (religion and politics, especially) be avoided. Inevitably, conversations of this nature have a tendency to result in heated arguments and flaming. Please use common sense when discussing ST themes and be considerate of others. You are also more than welcome to take such discussions private, as long as they do not carry over to public chat.
Impersonation of another channel patron, admin, or mod is strictly prohibited and may result in the permanent revocation of your channel access, temporary suspension or permanent banning of your account.
12. "Newbie" bashing will not be tolerated.
New chat patrons are encouraged to participate in these channels. Observing the conversations in Public Channel is a great way for those who are new to FurNation, or the furry community, to ask questions and learn more about the fandom. All patrons are expected to be polite and encouraged to be helpful and courteous in their responses.
13. You are encouraged to join chat using the name of your fursona/FN site username.
While you are free to use whatever name you like in the chatroom (so long as it is appropriate and you aren't impersonating another member) we prefer that people use the name of their fursona character or the same username they have on FurNation's website. This makes identifying you easier, and if you make friends in the chat it makes it much easier to find you on site!
■ ■ ■ Useful Chatroom Knowledge ■ ■ ■
• There are a few name colors you will see in FurNation's chatroom. You can not choose your name color, the color is related to the type of account you are logged in with. And despite what we've heard some people saying, there are no chat name colors other than the ones listed here currently. (Also remember, a user's POST TEXT color does not mean anything. Any user is free to use any color they like in their chat posts, the only colors that have to do with account type are USERNAME colors!)
GREY : Un-registered and/or Minor (Under 18)
WHITE Registered/Adult (18+)
GREEN : Moderator (BLUE in 'Core' chat style.)
RED : Admin
• There are several channels in the chatroom, they are all accesable from a dropdown list at the top of the chatbox. The rooms that you can access are based on the type of account you have.
• Public, Room_1, Room_2, and Room_3 are all public channels and can be accessed by any member. These are strictly PG-13 channels.
• Adult_1, Adult_2, and Adult_3 are all mature channels and can only be accessed by members with an adult account or higher. Adult roleplay and discussion is allowed in all of the adult rooms, however all of the other normal chat rules still apply.
• Any member with an adult account or higher will also see their own private room, simple called [Username], in the dropdown list. 'Username' would be replaced with whatever your chat username may be. Members are allowed to do whatever they like in their private rooms, provided it does not violate the last section of rule #8 listed above.
■ ■ ■ Obtaining an 'Adult Account' ■ ■ ■
■ Now that you've (hopefully) read the chat rules, if you are 18 years of age or older and would like to apply for an adult account ('white name') for the chatroom, here's how! ■
• Send a private message here on FurNation's website to Reyedog McGann, the head admin and website owner. In the private message, include a scan or clear picture of a photo ID that shows your age. If you really want to, you are free to blur/censor your other information on the ID. We just need the age and photo. If able, along with the photo ID image, also include another photo of yourself to prove that you are actually the person in the ID. In the same message, be sure to include the username and password you want your chat account to have.
• When your adult account is made, you will be able to log in to the chatroom using your selected name and password and you'll have a nice new white name. You will now have access to the adult channels, and your very own private channel.
• Be aware that breaking the chat rules or getting in to trouble multiple times might lose your your 'adult' status! Also keep in mind that if you are found to be lying about your age to get an adult account (if you're a minor and trying to say you're 18+) you may be permenantly banned from that chatroom and/or website.